Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Good Sunny morning all!

I am so excited today! It could be a manic, but I think it is the sunshine!

I am going to share two things with you today! A fabric that I absolutely fell in love and it haunted me until I bought some, I have always bought 3 yards when I didn't have a project in mind, but I am finding that is not enough for most projects for my granddaughter, so I am going to switch to 4 yards. Do you ever do that? I saw this fabric and the colors just popped, I immediately decided what I was going to make out of it, an Easter dress for my granddaughter. I controlled myself for a week and a half and then I broke down and bought it

It is so pretty in person, the colors don't come through as true in this photo, it has lime green, (my favorite for now), with darker green accents and yellow with orange and white accents. I love, love, love it. Oh and did I mention it is seersucker? Love it even more. All you people out there, my age and older, remember seersucker? My daughter hates it, but it just screams Spring and Summer to me.

These are the two patterns I have to pick from,

I like the dress overlay with the contrasting slip dress, but I am going with the little girl dress not only because it is cute, but also because it has a matching doll dress and the cute, cute, cute floppy hat too! What do you think?

I had already done all of this in my mind when I asked my baby girl for a birthday list, she is so sweet she never asks for anything. So this is what she sent me;

"Hi gramma!
I would like some extra fancy and old fashioned doll dresses and hats. That would make me sooo

happy!

Also a red and white "Gone with the Wind " kind of dress with a stick-out petticoat, if you can

even find (or make) one.

A booklight is something i've been wanting for a while.
Well, if i think about anything else i'll let you know.

Love you too!
Jessie"

How perfect is that? I have the "Gone With the Wind" pattern and some fabric, but that will be a future post.

Did I tell you I have a bad habit of buying fabric and crafting projects and never doing them? Well I do. So I have a collection of 40 years of fabric, etc. on hand, but I will have to buy some doll dress patterns. My favorite shopping place for patterns is garage sales in season and Thrift shops in the fall and winter, and my home away from home JoAnn's fabrics has the best sales on patterns a few times a year, all patterns $1.99 normally $13.95-$25.95. But that all will be for another post.

So keep your fingers crossed for me to get started (always the hardest part for me) and for finishing (another issue for me). Say a prayer for me too, please.

I want to try to ask you a question on every post, so here is todays!

Where in the world would you most like to travel?

Thought for the day:

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

Have a great day! See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Here's my answer to your question of the day: The country I would most want to visit is Canada--it is close and friendly. Your granddaughter will love the dress. Wishing you happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete