Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Good morning

Hello, How are you this fine morning? No sunshine here sort of cloudy, but still light so a step in the right direction.

Yesterday was a mixed bag. I did get my fabrics cut out and pinned together. My biggest quandary now is, what sort of pattern do I quilt my toile fabric with? I looked a some online patterns and I liked a number of them, but they were pretty intricate and I am doing mine manually on an old sewing machine. Did you know that you can buy sewing machines for 7 to 8 hundred dollars and more that you can program to do the whole job all by themselves? Sorry, not in my budget! I think I have decided on X's and O's, I figured that would be pretty simple and cute, hugs and kisses for babies, right? So fingers crossed and lots of prayers that I can make it work. Did I mention that I am a perfectionist? Makes life very difficult at times!

The rest of yesterday was spent with my daughter Nikki, we went to a number of stores and priced ingredients and competitor pricing for our bakery. We found that we were way under-priced for some items. We will adjust our prices as we figure out our cost more closely.

Our orders for the Creme de Menthe Cakes has gone through the roof we now have 10 orders for this weekend, 3 dozen decorated cupcakes for the babyshower on Saturday and 2 birthday cakes for Sunday! Yippee!

And last but not least last night, was our first cake decorating class! It was fun, and the instructor was so sweet and nice! We worked with fondant, gum paste, and gum paste glue! Another cake/cheese cake baker that my daughter knows was also in the class with his wife. Between him and our instructor we got a number of very helpful tips for our projects for the weekend. I can't wait to share our finished projects with you. We made big old bows last night, and we are working on flowers at the next meeting! There are 13 in the class so it was a very big class, and a lot of fun.

I went with my daughter who is 6 months pregnant and her friend Esther who is 8 months pregnant and guess what I went to the bathroom 3 times to their once! My poor bladder must be the size of a pea! LOL

Oh, YAY, the sun is out. I am excited. It is time to get my trash out the curb, so I will sign off for now and check back later. Later today I am going to Nikki's and we are working on the cakes and the cupcakes decorations, this is what we want to do for the baby shower! I will post our's when we get them done.


these cupcakes were featured on pamcakediva.com

Have a wonderful day, so long!

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment