Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

WOW!

I just want to let you know, yesterday kicked my butt!

I went to Rockford with Nikki at 9 am we needed to get supplies and our Joann's is very small and naturally doesn't carry the supplies we need. Plus there were some great coupons for Michael's Craft store, one for 50% off yesterday only, and another for 40%. Nikki and I each used both coupons and got great deals on some new toys for our business venture.

I will post pictures later, but it should be fun expanding our capabilities.

When we got back at around 11:30 I started cleaning her kitchen from the mess we had left the night before. I try to clean up my dishes and work areas as I go, but it was so late that night and I was so tired we just left it. As I was cleaning I started baking cakes and cupcakes. I baked four cakes and 2 dozen cupcakes. The saving grace to this is that Nikki has a built in double oven I made Gum Paste (a type of fondant) and cleaned the refrigerator freezer and the deep freezer so we had room for the cakes and cupcakes. I then organized the 3 season porch so we had room to store the cakes while they were cooling and waiting to be decorated.

I then started to clean off the movable island in her kitchen and move the microwave, and espresso machine, plus the coffee maker. I got started, but did not finish, I will finish that today. I am going in to help finish the cupcake toppers that I pictured the other day for the baby shower.

Nikki had gone to a meeting with another home bakery business owner and the owner of a made to order kitchen. The gal that has the kitchen is thinking about expanding and including bakery items in her menu. So I did all my work while she was gone and my grandson was such a little angel he played on the computer and watched his tv shows.

When Nikki got home she got busy with assembling the cakes, we had 7 Creme de Menthe cakes to deliver last night. This cake is our March special, $8 for an 8 inch specialty cake.

I continued to clean as she frosted. We got them all done around 7 p.m. I want you to know I have not stood for that many hours since I lost my factory job in 2004. I did not sit down that whole time. I told Nikki I am gonna have to pace myself, she is pregnant and I am old! We need to take it easy.

I am going to assemble my baby blanket right now, as soon as I post this. I have to have it done by Saturday. I think I put these things off, because I am afraid of failure. Which takes us back to the whole perfectionist conversation! I see what I want my final project to look like in my minds eye, and if it does not turn out the same then I feel it is not up to par!

So fingers crossed I will show you the finished project tomorrow!

Have a wonderful day! It is cloudy and overcast today, but I woke up and that is always a good thing.


"All who would win joy, must share it; happiness was born a twin." Lord Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment