Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 5, 2011

OOPS!

Yeah, that's right, I didn't get anything done yesterday. Go figure, but the good news is I just keep adding to the mix. I had the thought that adding beads to the collar and maybe hem of the dresses would be a cute touch! Did I tell you I love sparkly/shiny/bold? Well I do and it seems the older I get the louder my tastes get! I think maybe older people do this because their eyesight starts to fail! Either that or they just want to get attention!

So, you all saw the colors in the fabric right? Well I bought a package of 'transparent AB fashion glass seed beads' there are eight colors in the package, but I will only be using the yellow, green, and orange. I know how I want it to look when I am done, we will see, I will keep you posted.




So the reason I didn't get anything done yesterday or the day before is I got my Social Security check on Thurs. and my daughter Nikki and I went to Rockford to get supplies for her bakery. We haven't even officially opened yet and she has orders up the ying yang! I signed us up for a Wilton cake decoration class, which is for Fondant and Gum Paste, you know all the fancy shmancy cakes you see on the DIY, and HG television shows? I am so excited, I have always wanted to try decorating cakes, it just figures as much as I like eating cake I would like decorating them too. Right? This weekend is all about baking, practicing and sampling. Last night while I babysat my grandson I made a from scratch coconut cream pie! That's right, no pudding from a box here! I did the cooking the half and half, the coconut milk, the sugar, cornstarch and vanilla over a hot stove for hours! (well it just seemed like hours, have you ever waited for a stirred pot to boil?) I love to make pie crust, I channel my 8th grade HomeEc teacher, thank you Mrs. Hefty, when I make my crusts, which I might add, are awesome! so flaky and yummy. So today we add the real heavy cream whipped cream topping and we are off to give out samples.

Oh yeah, did I mention I bought the stuff to make another project? DUH! I told you I can't help myself!!!!!!! Next weekend is one of my daughters friends baby showers and my daughter is the hostess. I have been trying to crochet her a gift but just don't get it done, I started and tore it out like 3 times. Well I know she loves Toile, pronounced "twaaaaal"

"Toile Fabric"
When it comes to fabric, toile - meaning fabric, cloth, or canvas in the French language - refers to a fabric with a cream or white background against which is set a repeating pattern. Traditionally the pattern in question includes a scene which tells a story. Toile is beloved not only for its unique aesthetics, but its versatility in home decor; with so many colors and patterns from which to choose it’s no wonder that toile fabric lends itself just as easily to a bedroom as it does a family room or dining room.


I just happened to find a remnant of Toile a few weeks back and I fell in love with it. No particular plans, but I just had to have it, look isn't it pretty?




It is an ivory color with a pink print that depicts Mother Goose Rhymes, I don't know if you can see it, but there is "Mother Goose, riding on her Flying Goose" "Humpty Dumpty falling off of his wall" "Jack and Jill", "Little Boy Blue", "the Cow and the Moon",




"the Dish and the Spoon" and "Little Dog Laughing to see such a sight". It is absolutely precious. So yesterday when I went shopping I picked up some very fluffy textured ivory fleece and ivory blanket binding to make a baby blanket and a piece of canvas to paint a coordinating growth chart for the nursery. So, what do you think? with my track record will I get it done on time? I can imagine the Vegas odds on that one. LOL. Say a little prayer for me to get it done. Hopefully I will show you the final results soon.

Oh and yesterday I ran to Rockford to pick up a bouncy seat for my soon to be granddaughter and then came back town to take my little grandson to lunch, we went to China Muffet (buffet) his request, and then yesterday afternoon we went to the movies and saw "Rango". I was not impressed with the movie! It was extremely dark and scary in some parts for little kids and there was unnecessary swearing! What! Go figure! They used D***. G*****, out of the blue. I don't understand why Hollywood thinks there needs to be any cussing in family movies? But this is an entirely different post!

So, I am on my way to my grandson's first indoor soccer game and then to a day of baking and playing with frosting!

Talk to you later!

Remember "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment