Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

HAPPY HAPPY MONDAY/WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

I hope you had a great weekend, I know I did! Although it was hectic, it was rewarding. I know you must be on pins and needles wondering if I finished my blanket? Well the answer is yes!!!!!!!! I know right? I am as surprised as you, as much as I procrastinated I did manage to finish it! YAY me. Of course I finished it 20 minutes before the shower started, but the point is I did finish it.






Praise the Lord, I have a sewing machine that has pre-programmed stitches, I used the blanket stitch, No. 16, and it turned out good. I was not sure about how puckery the satin binding was in a few places and the ending corner didn't turn out as well as I hoped. (the perfectionist thing again.)


This sewing machine was only $100 at Walmart, a wonderful investment. It is a brother Project Runway model.

Now for your next question, Yes, she loved it!

When I wrapped it, I folded it fluffy side out, so when she pulled it out all she saw was ivory, as she opened it and she saw the toile her mouth dropped and she looked at me and said "did make this?" when I shook my head yes she said "oh, I love toile, and nursery rhymes, how perfect, oh thank you so much" I told her, "I know I was so excited when I found the material and then when I heard about the shower I knew I had to make it for you!" After the shower a few of her friends walked up and looked at it and commented on how soft it was and it was sure to be the baby's favorite. On the way home, my daughter asked me if I heard Esther say she was going to ask me to make something for her older daughter! LOL

Now back to the hectic part of the weekend, we had to finish the cupcakes for the shower, we had made the toppers earlier in the week so we didn't have to worry about them. I was going to finish the blanket on Saturday morning, in time for the shower, when my daughter called me and told me the toppers were cracking and breaking as she tried to put them on the frosted cupcakes. She was frantic, so I packed up my project, my clothes and headed in. When I got there it wasn't as bad as she thought and she called a friend of hers that has his own home bakery, he told her we needed to store the fondant at room temp. We had refrigerated it. So, lesson learned. (we had many more lessons learned over the weekend and I will get to them tomorrow) I rolled out new toppers and then we had to decorate them, but all was well, and we finished the biggest share of them by 11:30 and she left for the party to decorate and set up. I finished the remaining cupcakes, finished my blanket, and took my shower and got ready to go. I arrived at the shower 10 minutes late but they hadn't started yet, thank goodness. Shortly after I got there Nikki started the shower by letting us eat first, yay. What a good idea that was. Normally everyone gets antsy after awhile, waiting for the cake etc., but not this party. A number of people had brought finger food; there was a veggie tray with dips, chips and salsa, a fruit platter, a wonderful bean salad, with 3 different types of beans, chopped peppers and onions, whole kernel corn, cilantro and a mild chipolte dressing (YUMMO), mints, nuts, and the cupcakes,did I mention the cupcakes were Devils food with a hoho filling and chocolate buttercream icing, and French vanilla with a strawberry cream filling and cream cheese frosting, (YUMMO) and chocolate or vanilla icecream, with coffee and sherbert punch!!!!! What a feast, which was good because I had not eaten breakfast or lunch.




Didn't the toppers turn out too cute?

We played a couple of games and visited, all in all it was a wonderful shower. The mom to be said she was she was embarrassed about much she had gotten! I don't know if she never had a shower or what, but I told her she was silly.

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to post this, I have been trying since Monday! My Chrome kept crashing, so I would start to write in again and it crashed again. The third time I was simply gonna post the pictures and write the descriptions later, but again it crashed. Then we got busy with the bakery, so I tried to get something done between oven batches! Then my lovely daughter Nikki told me that blogger automatically backs up and save your posts for just such emergencys! Yay!!!!!! I still had to edit the pictures in and out but here it is!

I already have a bunch of stuff to talk about for this week! We have been busy, but having fun!

I am going to try to get busy on Jessica's Easter dress and her baby doll's dress too! So as usual keep your fingers crossed!

Have a great day! Talk at you later!

“May you always walk in sunshine. May you never want for more. May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.” Irish quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment