Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

2 down and 2 to go!

Yay! I finished the doll dress and the girls hat! Well mostly I am tearing apart one area of bias tape off the edge of the hat and redoing it because I didn't like the way it looked. It was puckery.

I have the girls dress all cut out and actually have had for weeks now. I have to cut out my daughter's Easter dress and sew it, and get everything done today.

I need to mail these things tomorrow and I have now had to schedule a Dr.s appt. about my carotid arteries they called yesterday and he needs to talk to me about my ultra sound from Friday. I don't know anything about norms for blood flow, but I do know from the numbers the girls were throwing out as they ran my tests I may have a problem. My blood flow numbers went from 140 to 40 and 54 to 38, a big difference I am afraid.

I looked it up online and a lack of blood to the brain can kill off brain cells and it is usually the white matter that suffers. All those years of joking about killing brain cells from drinking, who knew I was killing them with poor diet and lack of exercise!

I am thinking I need to change my lifestyle. Eating and exercising mainly, I need to lose weight but I have always needed to lose weight. I have a really bad attitude about giving things up as far as diet. I feel I have given so many things up that I enjoyed, and I don't want to give up more. I need to get over that mentality. Any suggestions? I know the payload (a longer, healthier, and happy life) should be enough, but as a procrastinator (did I tell you I was the prom queen of procrastinators?) I keep putting it off until tomorrow.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! As scary as these test results seem I am thankful for them. At least we know they work and they are an early warning, if you are just smart enough to follow them.

But I digress, I have to finish the dresses, I went in town yesterday afternoon to get interfacing as I couldn't find any at home. Well I ended up jacking around for 3 hours, and after I got home and cut out my pattern pieces I still didn't have enough. Duh! So I need to go back today and get more for both dresses.

Nikki informs me we have to make 6 dozen sugar cookies, 2 13x9 cakes one chocolate and one white for our world famous cake pops decorated for Easter, 4 carrot cakes and a horseshoe cake, and by we I mean me.

So tomorrow should be a very busy day!

Talk at you later, keep your fingers crossed for me to be productive.

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,[a] “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
6 And He said to me, “It is done![b] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things,[c] and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
    

Revelation 21:5-7 (New King James Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment