Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hello, this is a post I started on the 3rd

Hi all, sorry I have been AWOL!

Life has been a little crazy here, so I started this post on Monday and never got a chance to finish it. I am gonna throw in a few pictures and I will explain them later. Gotta run. Have a great day! p.s. I finally figured out the fondant, I believe! woohoo







Good morning,

I hope your weekend was good. They are always to short.

Haven't worked on the dress for awhile, and I didn't get anything done for Nikki's shower. I did get to go early and help with the decorations. Nikki's friend threw a great shower, great food, fun games and lots of visiting time. Nikki got great gifts, and guess what we ended up making the cakes!! LOL, Nikki is a bit of a control freak.

We had a number of fondant cakes this week and had mega nightmares with the fondant, which always falls on me as I am the one that does all the baking and all the frostings, fillings, and fondant.
We (I) finally got it to work and we are back to the drawing board.

I get emails from all sorts of cake decorating sites now and a couple have really good tips. Example: Did you know a couple of drops of vinegar with keep your frosting from cracking, and not change the flavor!. Who would ever have imagined? Got to love that vinegar. Between vinegar, baking soda, and duct tape I think I could fix the world. All that being said, I got an email the other day about a pour-able fondant. It really peaked my interest so I checked it out. It is basically the same recipe as the rolled fondant only cooked. Hooray! My problems has become cracks and tears in the fondant as we put it on the cake and cracks as it sets. I actually have been having nightmares!

No comments:

Post a Comment