Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Look at what I made!

Good morning, Yesterday was not very productive. Nikki called me first thing in the morning to ask if I could come in and set with Cai, he was running a high temp and had thrown up through the night, and she had an appointment first thing. So I let the dogs out made sure everyone had plenty of food and water, then I headed in.  On the way I called to make sure she had started coffee for me and when she answered she sounded terrible. She wasn't feeling well either. So I let her sleep for another 45 mins. When Cai wakes up he comes to the top of the stairs and whispers, Grandma! When I answer him he yells grandma and comes running down to jump on the couch with me and he snuggles up with me all cozy and warm.

When Nikki came back she asked me if I could take all their bedding to laundromat for her. They have super California King size bedspreads and sheets and both of theirs were dirty and so was Cai's bedding. So I took them and finished them and then headed to my Ultrasound appointment in Monroe.

After my appointment, I did ask enough questions to get a biology lesson, I went to the Walmart up there. I was looking for material for Nikki for curtains for the baby nursery, she wants a fushia and white hounds-tooth check. Needless to say not finding any. I looked in Rockford the night before with no luck either.

Now we have discussed my addiction to shopping, right?

When I got to the fabric dept. I had to pass the boys and babies dept. and they were running all these $1 and $3 sales. Oh No!

I lost my mind and bought $150.00 that I didn't have, but I got such cool stuff; little fleece sleepers for Alliyan, a cool toy story shirt for Cai, and tons of little onesies and pants for baby, I got my 2 boyfriend shirts for myself, a piece of fabric for $.50, a v-tech motion game for Cai on sale for $10, a Christmas present for Alli ( a cute little rocking horse that talks when you pinch her ear,) was$45 marked down to $20, lamp oil for my hurricane lamps storm season is upon us, a backrest pillow for my day bed, and miscellaneous groceries for my new healthy eating plan.

Didn't realize how much I was spending so then I was sick all the way home!

When I got to Nikki's I made her pick out one outfit and she decided to by the fleece sleepers, I am returning most of what I got.

I need to pay bills and have money for gas and pet food and litter.

Nikki's shower is today and I am not gonna finish the romper on time, but I am still gonna give her the sandals and hat and finish the romper later. I have decided to make her baby quilt this morning the shower isn't until 2:30. She asked me yesterday if I could make her some cute little animal hats for Alli.

I also made a nursing necklace for her this morning. I had never heard of them until Cai was born. One of her friends made one and sent it to her. It is a necklace the baby can grasp onto while they are nursing. One of her very closest friends also made her a necklace, but this way she can carry one in the diaper bag and keep the other at home. It has all different textures and colors to stimulate the babies senses, and to keep them from pinching.





As you can see the there are big diamonds, butterflies, and varying sizes and textures of  balls, the biggest and center piece is a purple dragonfly! I hope she likes it.

Gonna go for now and get busy. Have a great weekend. Talk at you later!

 Smiling is infectious,
You can catch it like the flu.
Someone smiled at me today,
And I started smiling too.
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment