Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good morning!

Well another day another dollar, I wish.

I worked a little on the hat yesterday but that was all I got done. I got the most done at the hospital waiting for my mom's tests. She has decided she will never go to the emergency room again. She went in because she had been having pain in her leg which led her to take pain pills which caused her acid reflux to go into overdrive! The lesson learned, never walk into the hospital and say you have chest pains if you are 86! They put her in a room with machines to check her heart, now although they took her immediately and hooked her up right away, she laid in that room for 4 1/2 hours before they told her anything or gave her any medicine for any of her symptoms! When I got there and started asking questions and irritating the nurses is when we finally got a Dr. and they made the decision to keep her overnite. Even after we were told this decision it still took them and hour to fill out the paper work and move her. Needless to say she was distraught and not very happy. The emergency room nurses were not very nice! I understand if you are overworked, but don't take it out on an old woman who is frightened and in pain. They ran every test known to man and found nothing wrong with her heart, did I mention my mom has really taken good care of herself?, they finished the last of the tests yesterday. She went Monday for a stress test and scan, and had to follow up yesterday with another scan, and they still have never addressed the original reason she finally went to the emergency room in the first place. Unreal! My Mom is really stubborn and will not go to the Dr. or Emergency unless she has suffered so long she can no longer stand it, now it will be impossible to get her to go. ARGHHH!

I went to the Dr. for my test results also, his nurse had called me and told me my bone scan was normal, I corrected her and told her the Dr. said my bones were awesome, he said I had the bones of a 30 years old! WOOHOO! That the ultra sound of my Thyroid showed that the nodule was benign, and that the Dr. wanted to talk to me about the MRI of my brain (red flag, red flag)! Originally he told me the MRI was to see if I possibly had MS, because of my symptoms. So brave soul that I am, I tried not to worry! and I think I did pretty good until yesterday and then a combination of fear and caffeinated coffee gave me the jitters. So my blood pressure was high! DUH!  It was still high when the Dr. took it so he doubled my blood pressure medicine!

 Dr. told me there was no sign of MS, yay! But, don't you just love the little but's in life? There was something going on with my white matter, I didn't even remember there was white matter! and the MRI showed that I had some blockage in my Carotid arteries on the sides of my neck! Oh Joy! So now I am having headaches and mini panic attacks, thank goodness he tried not to worry me! Turns out the white matter has a lot to do with memory and cognitive functions, so that explains a lot! Now I am worried about Alzheimer's, among other things. I said to him, well at least I don't have any tumors or aneurysms! and he said the neurologist will talk to you about all that!  WHAT! I have tumors and aneurysms too?

He told me he wants me to see the Neurologist before the end of the month,so naturally the Neurologist is booked up through May the first opening is May 26th. Now my Dr. said he would have to call and get me in sooner if he was booked up so I hope he remembered. I am having Ultra Sounds on my Carotid Arteries on Friday. So keep me in your prayers, please. My imagination is beating me up right now! LOL At least that part of my brain is working!

Back to my productivity, I went to Nikki's yesterday and baked my little heart out, we are catering the MOPS meeting this Thursday, and we have to get everything ready ahead of time. Some of the goodies we are taking are: coconut cream pie, apple pie, french silk pie (did I mention I make I make the best pie crust?), lemon bars, carrot cake, chocolate cake covered in fondant, and a chocolate butter-cream frosted cake both decorated, chocolate chip cookies (great recipe), sugar cookies, cake pops, and cake mallow pies in Easter colors! I am so excited about the last on the list as they are all me! It cost a lot for the materials, but it will spread good will and be good advertising!

Hopefully I will get everything done after today. Saturday is the baby shower, so I am focusing on the crocheting for now, but after the shower I have to kick into mega sewing mode, and finish the doll dress, a girls dress, and a ladies dress by next Wednesday or Thursday at the very latest the get them there on time.

On a lighter note, here is my grandson at his final swim class of the year. He did not pass, because he was to frightened to jump from a standing position on the deck of the pool, or off of the diving board. He was a preemie so he has sensory issues and fear of height is one of them. but at least he learned everything else and the teacher said if the kids (meaning his mom and dad, they are all kids to me,) would work with him outside of class he would pass with flying colors. He's got all summer to learn, his grandma and grandpa Cote bought him an above ground pool at a garage sale! Thank you grandma and grandpa. I stand corrected, Nikki informed that her and Bobby bought the pool, and grandma and grandpa just picked it up for them with their truck! So thanks for the delivery!





Keep me in your prayers and I will talk at you later!

Somehow this seems appropriate for me today! What do you think?

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

- Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments:

Post a Comment